Don't you miss the days when the web really was the world's greatest decentralized network? Before everything got locked down into a handful of walled gardens? So do we.
Enter ActivityPub! ActivityPub is a decentralized social networking protocol based on the ActivityStreams 2.0 data format and is being developed as part of the W3C Social Web Working Group. It provides a client to server API for creating, updating and deleting content, as well as a federated server to server API for delivering notifications and subscribing to content.
Sounds exciting? Dive in!
We're so stoked to have you implementing ActivityPub! To make sure ActivityPub implementations work together, we have:
- Submit implementation reports -- We'd really appreciate you filling this out! Help us understand what features are being implemented. A necessary step for becoming an official W3C standard!
- A test suite: -- Make sure your application works right according to the ActivityPub standard. (Note: work in progress, currently only supports testing client to server's server side of tests. More soon!)
Looking to discuss implementing ActivityPub? You can join the
#social IRC channel on
- Mastodon launches their ActivityPub support, and a new CR!Sun 10 September 2017
- New tutorial, new logo!Tue 09 May 2017
- Help submit implementation reports!Sun 09 April 2017
- ActivityPub reaches Candidate Recommendation status!Thu 17 November 2016
- activitypub.rocks launches!Mon 14 November 2016